Scrolling

An artist's home in a former factory

Iiiiit's Friday - yaaaay! It's been a very relaxed-bohomian week here on My Scandinavian Home with so many exciting homes full of personality - I hope you've felt inspired? To round up the feel of the week I thought we'd head to Melbourne, Australia and the home of artist Saskia Folk in a converted factory. Think industrial with a relaxed vibe and the odd splash of colour. The perfect home to complete the week!









Photographer: Derek Swalwell shared with kind permission. Stylist: Heather Nette King , found via House of C with thanks.

How I'd love to have a home in a converted factory like this - high ceilings, exposed bricks painted white, graciously worn wood floor, industrial pendant lights...that freestanding bath?!

Get the look: similar vintage industrial-style pendant lights here,  Source beautiful Boucherouite rugs here.

Also love these factory conversion homes here, here and here.

If you feel like dropping it all and moving to the Swedish countryside - this stunning mansion has just come on the market - oh the things you could do?! Or perhaps go one step further like this young Norwegian guy who quit his job to go hiking across Norway with his husky - beautifully captured here on Instagram.

Back tomorrow with a very exciting give-away set to brighten up your weekend (there's a clue in there...).  Oooo, what could it be?!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday! See you tomorrow...

PS I've had a few questions about the beautiful colours in yesterday's home and have since updated the post with some paint colours which are a good match.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. This is wonderful. I love these converted homes from factorys and such. Love the high ceiling, the rough looks. It's so inspiring.
    Have a nice friday and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous home, full of character! The kitchen especially is just...wow! Those cabinets had me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wowed by the artwork! I have a Parrot, and I have tried to paint her...I just about choked on my toast when I saw the bird painting! I could would live there in a second! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the home, but that bag! So funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks scandinavian for your nice post, here is an beautiful info who want to Sell House Fast in Atlanta or We buy houses Atlanta . I will visit your blog for nice idea for home decoration.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bedroom is dreamy

    Whitney
    whitneydonae.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO